Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

***Message for Tornado Survivors from Alabama Rural Ministry***

Repairing and rebuilding update:
You have seen the new homes being built and neighbors getting repairs. If you still need repairs or need to rebuild and did not:

1- Get FEMA assistance

2- Have insurance or were underinsured

We can still help! Our case managers know how to assist you to set up a proposal/case to go to the MEND funding table. It is made up of funders like United Way, the Community Foundation of East Alabama, local churches and more. There are still construction and rebuild grants available but you must have a case manager to present these on your behalf. In many cases, volunteers will assist with your repairs but we can also work with you on hiring contractors. The ARM and United Methodist Church case managers are Rev. Katrina Love (334-610-1601) or, Allison Porter-, and Anne Marie Anela at You can also call MEND and request a case manager.

Please know that your home must be in the tornado affected area, priority goes to those who made claims to FEMA and damage must be storm related. We cannot fund repairs not from the storm. If you have other types of repairs, you can contact Way2Serve Ministries or Alabama Rural Ministry (their traditional home repair assistance).

Thanks! Lisa Pierce