City of Smiths Station
Department: Public Works Date: 12/22/2021
FLSA: NE Reports to: Code Enforcement Officer and Public
The City of Smiths Station is seeking a Full-Time Maintenance Worker for the City’s Public Works Department. This position is under the direct supervision of the Code Enforcement Officer and the Public Works Director with an anticipated start date of February 1, 2022 or thereafter.
Maintenance Worker Job Duties and Responsibilities
– Performs maintenance and repairs to City roads and streets.
– Cuts trees, bushes, and grass in City right-of-ways.
– Installs and repairs road signs.
– Must be able to use various machinery, equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
– Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
– Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
– Must be able to pass a City drug test.
– Must have a valid Driver’s License.
For more information, call 334-297-8771, Ext. 3 for City Clerk Morgan Bryce. Resumes will be accepted at the Smiths Station Government Center (2336 Panther Parkway) Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org until January 24, 2022.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.